Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Stupendosity


In light of recent events of no particular significance, I have yet again come to the conclusion that I have a great life. So many things that seem to be in utter chaos seem to fall into a universal symmetry, allowing me to be benign regardless of so-called trials. I've learned the power of choices and how my agency is controlled by no one except me. In choosing the better part I align myself with a course set toward truth and light, one that doesn't falter for its very foundation is unshakable and set in the bosom of eternity. This journey toward further truth has outlined the importance of the basics. In those truths which make up the roots of my tree I have found serendipity more than once. The branches hold some of the mysteries to life and truths which are enlightened in due time, yet the base is where I retract to in order to reset. A revamping of sorts seems to be the circular motion of my life. I come to know certain things and gain a firm grasp on them, then when I think I'm good on my own and steer toward pride, I falter and wane. Yet, when I repent, changing my view of myself and everything else around me, I remember what I'm fighting for. "He that holds out faithful to the end shall in no wise lose his reward. A good man will endure all things to honor Christ, and even dispose of the whole world." -Joseph Smith (HC 6:427) The greatest thing about truth is that not only does it allow me to endure for a higher purpose, it becomes the framework to the joy that accompanies my endurance. One of my favorite analogies is how life is like climbing a mountain. We need to remember that each step is what makes us reach the top, sometimes we need to turn around and see how high we are already. The traveling is as much the point of the journey as the end result. Every moment holds an adventure to be had and a lesson to be learned. We fight for the ideal of freedom, yet the freedom is always right before us. We have every weapon within us to take from the enemy any liberty he may have stolen. Whatever your enemy may be, your capacity to fight is not being fulfilled, and the potential of the day can be met by choice. Your own self-actualization takes place the moment you embrace truth by choice and let go of favorite fetters. Take hold of the adventure before you that is life, and I promise it will unveil a happy soul. I know because I'm in the beginning stages of this adventure, and it is truly beautiful.

3 comments:

  1. Wow very well said. Thank you for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is brilliant! You articulate your thoughts very well. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So basically, I have decided I LOVE YOU WRITING. And I'm probably going to read your blog for a very selfish reason; people who want to be good writer have to read good writing. The End.

    ReplyDelete