Friday, October 8, 2010

Namaste


My life is one of wonder and adventure. Each day has something else to offer and I can't wait to find what that is whenever I wake up. Yesterday, it was going to Yoga for the first time, on a whim. I went upstairs in the P.E. building because I didn't have my fundamental team sports class, so I decided, "why not try Yoga?" I fell in love with it, I felt more peace than I have in a while. In some ways it makes me feel the part of a hippie, but as I reconsider my life I may be fulfilling that very label. I went hiking almost every other week this last summer and pretty much lived in Zion National Park. I'm taking a modern dance class this semester which is an enigma unto itself. My favorite music right now is eclectic, ambient, classical, electronica, rock such as The Album Leaf, Tristeza, or Jonsi and Alex. I live with one foot in the outdoors all the time now and am trying to change my diet to one of health and happiness. One of my favorite forms of transportation is my longboard. Now all of these things separate don't equal a hippie, but the culmination of them supports my theory and paints the picture of hipstamatic grandeur which I never would've imagined for myself a few years ago. I'm still far away from the whole quit bathing, rockin the sandals with my bell bottoms, and flaunting a flower vest and head band; yet, living granola doesn't seem as far off as it did before. Good thing I cut down trees for a living to keep me in check...

No comments:

Post a Comment